Spaetzle and noodles can be prepared in so many ways. We invite you to peruse our collection of recipes, let yourself be inspired and discover new, proven, and sophisticated cooking suggestions. You’ll have the option of filtering by level of difficulty, or search by your favorite ingredients or pasta types and we’ll find suggestions that suit your tastes.
Try it out – we wish you lots of enjoyment and bon appetit!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Cook the Spaetzle in a large pan with boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a pan and fry the onions until golden.
- Mix the Spaetzle with grated cheese and place in a baking pan. Season with salt and pepper. Add some fried bacon, if you like.
- Sprinkle over the onions and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until slightly brown.
Hint„Field salad“ or „lamb‘s lettuce“ goes best with these fine Spaetzle.
Ingredients [4 servings]
- 18 oz Spaetzle
- 8 oz Emmental cheese, grated
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
optional: 2-3 slices of lean smoked bacon, cut into small pieces