Spaetzle and noodles can be prepared in so many ways. We invite you to peruse our collection of recipes, let yourself be inspired and discover new, proven, and sophisticated cooking suggestions. You’ll have the option of filtering by level of difficulty, or search by your favorite ingredients or pasta types and we’ll find suggestions that suit your tastes.
Try it out – we wish you lots of enjoyment and bon appetit!
Trout rolls with saffron sauce and buckwheat pasta
- For the rolls wash and clean the pepper and zucchini. Cut both into strips.
- Heat up oil in a pan and fry the vegetable strips. Cool down.
- Wash the trout fillets, pad dry and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Coat one side of the fillets with the curry mustard. Fill with some of the vegetable strips, then roll up and fix with a toothpick.
- For the sauce peel the onions and chop finely. Heat up butter in a pan and fry the onions 2-3 minutes on medium-high heat. Cover with flour and stir. Then deglaze with white wine and vegetable stock. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in crème fraîche and saffron, then purée. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and sugar.
- In the meantime heat up some butter in a pan and roast the rolls on each side. Put in a ovenproof dish and bake approx. 5 minutes at 100°C/212°F.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- For the braised tomatoes wash, pad dry and half the tomatoes. Caramelize the sugar in a pan, then add the tomatoes with the cut surface down. Deglaze with balsamico and simmer for a minute or so.
- Serve the pasta with trout rolls, saffron sauce and braised tomatoes.
Ingredients [4 servings]
- 350 g (12.5 oz) buckwheat pasta
For the trout rolls
- 200 g (7 oz) pepper
- 100 g (3.5 oz) zucchini
- 1 tbsp oil
- 8 trout fillets (each approx. 70 g (2.5 oz))
- salt, pepper
- 4 tsp curry mustard
- 8 toothpick
- 1-2 tbsp butter
For the sauce
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 150 ml (½ cup) white wine
- 250 ml (1 cup) vegetable stock
- 100 g (3.5 oz) crème fraîche
- a pinch of ground saffron
- salt, pepper
For the braised tomatoes
- 250 g (9 oz) cocktail tomatoes
- approx. 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Balsamico bianco