Spaetzle and noodles can be prepared in so many ways. We invite you to peruse our collection of recipes, let yourself be inspired and discover new, proven, and sophisticated cooking suggestions. You’ll have the option of filtering by level of difficulty, or search by your favorite ingredients or pasta types and we’ll find suggestions that suit your tastes.
Try it out – we wish you lots of enjoyment and bon appetit!
Pasta Cakes and Salad
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions.
- Drain the pasta once cooked and let it cool slightly.
- Wash and chop the leek. Dice the bacon. Fry both with 1 tbsp oil until glassy, remove from heat and mix with the pasta.
- Crack in the eggs and mix to combine. Season with herbs, salt and pepper.
- Wash, dry and if necessary chop the lettuce.
- For dressing, mix the vinegar, oil, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper together.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the butter. Once the butter is hot, carefully place in a tbsp of the pasta mixture and flatten them out into little patties.
- Fry for a few minutes until the egg is beginning to set, then flip and fry on the other side until the egg is completely cooked.
- Serve the pasta cakes on salad with the dressing.
Ingredients [4 servings]
- 7 oz Broad Pasta
- 1 leek 2.5 oz bacon (smoked)
- 2 eggs mixed lettuce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp dried herbs
- salt, pepper