Spaetzle and noodles can be prepared in so many ways. We invite you to peruse our collection of recipes, let yourself be inspired and discover new, proven, and sophisticated cooking suggestions. You’ll have the option of filtering by level of difficulty, or search by your favorite ingredients or pasta types and we’ll find suggestions that suit your tastes.
Try it out – we wish you lots of enjoyment and bon appetit!
Asian Style Soup with Spelt Vermicelli
- Cook the Spelt Vermicelli in a large pot of salted boiling water according to packet instructions.
- Peel garlic and ginger, wash the chili pepper and the fresh cilantro. Chop these ingredients generously.
- Leave some cilantro aside for garnish. Heat up oil in a pot and sauté the chopped spices for a minute. Put in sugar and caramelize the spices. Add lemon juice, soy sauce, and the vegetable broth and bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat to simmer for five minutes. Strain the soup and season with pepper and sesame oil.
- Peel the carrots and cut into fine strips. Wash the spring onions and cut into fine rings. Clean the mushrooms and cut into strips, too. To serve, put the vegetables into the soup and boil it for 2 minutes. Finally add the Spelt Vermicelli, shrimps and the rest of fresh cilantro.
HintA good alternative to shrimps are stripes of beef fillet. print share
Ingredients [4 servings]
- 70 g / 2.5 oz Spelt Vermicelli
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Fresh Ginger
- 1 Chili Pepper
- Fresh Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 900 ml / 4 cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Spring Onions
- 1 Carrot
- 60 g / 2.1 oz Shiitake-Mushrooms (or other mushrooms)
- 12 shrimps