Spaetzle and noodles can be prepared in so many ways. We invite you to peruse our collection of recipes, let yourself be inspired and discover new, proven, and sophisticated cooking suggestions. You’ll have the option of filtering by level of difficulty, or search by your favorite ingredients or pasta types and we’ll find suggestions that suit your tastes.
Try it out – we wish you lots of enjoyment and bon appetit!
Sauerkraut Spaetzle with German Sausages
- Cook the sauerkraut for about 15 minutes with juniper berries, bay leave and white wine.
- Meanwhile cook the „ALB-GOLD Spaetzle“ in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Melt the butter in a large pan. Sauté the chopped onion and bacon. When the bacon is crunchy, add the Spaetzle and cook until golden. Then stir in the sauerkraut and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Last fry the sausages and serve with Spaetzle.
HintThese are a popular variety of sausages made from pork or beef (or sometimes veal), and normally eaten hot with mustard and ketchup. Bratwurst is also used as an ingredient for some other dishes.
Ingredients [4 servings]
- 18 oz Spaetzle
- 1 chopped onion
- 7 oz diced bacon
- 1 tin sauerkraut (28 fl. oz.)
- ½ tsp juniper berries
- 1 bay leave
- 2 fl. oz. white wine
- 3 tbsp butter
- salt, pepper
- bunch of parsley
- 4 German sausages (bratwurst)