Spaetzle and noodles can be prepared in so many ways. We invite you to peruse our collection of recipes, let yourself be inspired and discover new, proven, and sophisticated cooking suggestions. You’ll have the option of filtering by level of difficulty, or search by your favorite ingredients or pasta types and we’ll find suggestions that suit your tastes.
Try it out – we wish you lots of enjoyment and bon appetit!
German Schnitzel with Spaetzle
- Cut the veal into slices (as thick as your finger) and beat them. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare three plates with the following ingredients: one with flour, one with lightly beaten eggs and last with bread crumbs.
- First dredge the meat in the flour. Next dip in the eggs, making sure to coat completely. Last coat with bread crumbs.
- Cook the Spaetzle in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile cook wine and lemon juice in a pan for about three minutes. Add cream and simmer until reduced by half. Off heat, whisk in the butter and season with salt, pepper and chopped parsley.
- Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Fry the veal on both sides until golden brown and drain on paper towel.
- Slice the lemon.
- Serve the hot Schnitzels with a slice of lemon, Spaetzle and sauce.
Ingredients [4 servings]
- 18 oz Spelt Spaetzle „Farmers-Style“
- 2 lb veal
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs salt/pepper
- 4 cups bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup oil for frying
- 1 lemon
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt/ pepper